Monday, January 7, 2008

Wow.

This is a new one by me:

(actual phone call)

Me: Cozyland Regional Library, how may I help you?
Confused Patron: Yes, I hope you can help me, but I am not sure you can, because I have so little information for you...I saw this book talked about on tv, and I must have thought it sounded interesting, because I wrote down that I'd like to get it for all the female members of my family...
Me: Okay, what do you know about it?
CP: Well, the title is three words, and they're something like, something, something, love...
Me: Do you mean, Eat Pray Love?
CP: Yes! That's it! Could I order it please?
Me: Sure, though I know it is very popular right now, so you'll have to wait a bit after I put it on hold for you...
CP: Oh that's okay, it's for Christmas.
Um, huh?
Me: Okay, well I can place the hold for you...
CP: How much does it cost?
Me: Oh, you want to buy it?
CP: Well, yes...
Me: Um, this is the library...I mean, I could look up a bookstore phone number for you, if you like.
CP: Oh! This is the library? Oh!
Me: Yes, but I could get you the phone number...
CP: Yes, that would be great. I'm sorry!
Me: It's okay, let me look it up.

So...I did say "library" when I greeted her. In the words of one of my favorite children's books: Wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow.

No comments: