Monday, June 18, 2007

Come for the stories

My friends often ask me, "So, any new stories about crazy people in the library?" As a librarian at a large regional branch in the greater Seattle area, I meet my share of "interesting" people, and often expound (well, mostly just vent) about the most eccentric of them. I thought that my friends might enjoy reading about them here on this brand-spanking-new blog when they (or anyone else, for that matter) have a jonesing for a good crazy-person story. If crazy people aren't your thing, I will also include reference questions that come my way which fall under the "there are no stupid questions, but geez that's pretty close" category. All in good fun.

I was inspired by the blog Tales from the Liberry. He gets some really interesting characters over there, too.

I have to admit that with our first child due at the end of July, this may quickly become a baby blog with library stories on the side, but for now, I hope you enjoy these tales. Hopefully you will remember them, and say something nice to the librarian the next time you are in a library.

No comments: