Saturday, June 23, 2007

Introducing Whoop! G0ldberg Lady

WGL's first phone call of the day (of several, I have no doubt):

Me: Cozyland Regional Library, how may I help you?
WGL: Can you tell me when Evan Almighty is playing at MEH Cinemas?
Me: Sure, just a moment.
(I learned long ago that it is best to place WGL on hold while searching, to avoid the endless questions such as "Do you like Red Robin? Is it bad that I like it?" and "Is movie popcorn fattening?")
Me: Okay, Evan Almighty is playing at MEH Cinemas at 11:15am, 2:00pm...
WGL: 11:15, okay. Did you see it?
Me: No.
WGL: Is it supposed to be good?
Me: I don't know.
WGL: What's the number for the Cozy County Answer Line?
(Note: This service is conducted about 30 feet from where I am sitting, and is staffed by very nice people. However, I am always willing to share the joy of WGL.)
Me: It's 425-...
WGL: Is there an 800 number?
Me: Yes, it's 800-555-5000.
WGL: And they are there right now?
Me: Yes.
WGL: And the number is 425-5000?
Me: No, it's 800-555-5000.
WGL: Can I call back later if I have more questions?
Me: .......sure.

No comments: