Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Princess Returns

After several months taking care of my adorable little one, I am back at the library. It really is lovely to be able to have conversations with adults, even if some of the adults I help are one sandwich short of a picnic.

Some of my favorite patrons were in today, though I didn't have to assist them all myself (thankfully). WGL grilled a coworker on the fat content of movie popcorn (one of her favorite topics), "Is popcorn fattening? What if there's butter on it?" "Do you like popcorn?" She was also looking for b!g red loll!p0ps "like the one I got from Santa a long time ago." Hmm.

Mean Ned was also here, asking for his toll-free numbers for obscure engineering companies as usual, and trying to get us to give him extended computer time. I will save him for another time.

My coworker commented that it seems as if during the holidays, we have a lower number of patrons around overall, but the percentage of crazies rises. He says that all the normal people have things to do over the holidays, whereas the more interesting patrons...don't. So they come into the library (or call, or send us email) and get their holiday happiness from making us nuts.

No comments: